We are pleased to announce the launch of the Twelfth International Manga Award. Win a trip to Japan for up to 10 days!
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs founded the International MANGA Award in 2007 for the purpose of expanding international exchange and mutual understanding through the MANGA culture which is widely accepted around the world. This award honors the MANGA artists who are contributing to the development of MANGA culture in the world
1. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan and the Japan Foundation will launch the Twelfth International MANGA Award and begin to accept entries for the Award.
2. Entries will be accepted as follows:
(1) From Monday, April 2nd to Friday, June 15th 2018.
(2) Entries need to be sent to Japanese diplomatic missions abroad (excluding permanent missions) or the P.O. Box of the Twelfth International MANGA Award.
Details for the guidelines on the application can be found at the web site of The International MANGA Award
3. The International MANGA Award was established in May 2007 upon the initiative of then Minister for Foreign Affairs, Mr. Taro Aso, with the aim of rewarding MANGA creators who contribute to the spread of MANGA culture overseas and international cultural exchanges through MANGA. The Award has been hosted every year since then.
Among entries, the gold Award will be given to the best work and the Silver Awards the three other excellent works. The awardees will be invited to Japan by the Japan Foundation to attend the award ceremony. During their stay in Japan (generally for 10 days), they will also have the opportunity to exchange ideas with Japanese MANGA creators, visit publishing companies and make an excursion to local sites.