For the 20th event of the series, we will have introductions on the classes at The Japan Foundation, Toronto. We also would like to review our previous meetings and would like to discuss about future gatherings. Please join us!
Japanese-language education support overseas is one of the central activities of the Japan Foundation. It plays a key role in promoting Japanese-language education in Canada through its various activities:
- Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT), held annually in Toronto, Edmonton and Vancouver
- The 2015 dates are July 5th (Alberta only) and December 6
- Japanese-Language Education programs, including professional development courses for Japanese-language teachers, Japanese-language courses for specialists, Japanese-Language classes, donations of education resources, support for speech contests, network development and institutional support
- Term based Japanese Language Course using the textbook Marugoto
- Workshops for professional development
- Local grants to Canadian educational institutions
- The second round deadline for 2015 is October 1st.
This March, join the Japan Foundation on Thursday nights to create a Japanese-language Toronto Travel Guide!
Looking to travel to Japan but worried about what to say when you get there? Join us for our “Travel Japanese” class on February 17th!
The results for the December 2015 Japanese Language Proficiency Test are now available online. Continue reading →
Come ring in the New Year with us on January 23rd, at our New Year’s Japanese class where you can learn about the New Year’s customs as well as actually partake in some traditional activities and food!