Japanese-language education support overseas is one of the central activities of the Japan Foundation. It plays a key role in promoting Japanese-language education in Canada through its various activities:
- Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT), held annually in Toronto, Edmonton and Vancouver
- The 2015 dates are July 5th (Alberta only) and December 6
- Japanese-Language Education programs, including professional development courses for Japanese-language teachers, Japanese-language courses for specialists, Japanese-Language classes, donations of education resources, support for speech contests, network development and institutional support
- Term based Japanese Language Course using the textbook Marugoto
- Workshops for professional development
- Local grants to Canadian educational institutions
- The second round deadline for 2015 is October 1st.
Interested in learning Japanese but not sure where to begin? Join us for Let’s Learn Katakana November 19th to December 3rd!
Whether you’re a life-long fan of Japanese food or interested in trying it for the first time, join us at the Japan Foundation for a class looking into the language and culture behind washoku (Japanese food) on November 14th!
Theme: Project Work in Upper-Beginner Classes
Interested in learning Japanese but not sure where to begin? Join us for Let’s Learn Hiragana October 22nd to November 5th!