Japanese-language education support overseas is one of the central activities of the Japan Foundation. It plays a key role in promoting Japanese-language education in Canada through its various activities:
- Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT), held annually in Toronto, Edmonton and Vancouver
- The 2015 dates are July 5th (Alberta only) and December 6
- Japanese-Language Education programs, including professional development courses for Japanese-language teachers, Japanese-language courses for specialists, Japanese-Language classes, donations of education resources, support for speech contests, network development and institutional support
- Term based Japanese Language Course using the textbook Marugoto
- Workshops for professional development
- Local grants to Canadian educational institutions
- The second round deadline for 2015 is October 1st.
Learn more about the Japanese Language Proficiency Test
9/19 (Saturday), 9/20 (Sunday)
Second round deadline: October 1, 2015
Japan Foundation Program Guidelines for the 2015-2016 fiscal year are now available online.