The Japan Foundation, Toronto asks for your consent to send out information about our events, classes, exhibitions, grants, volunteer activities and other programs. We will never share or sell your personal information. You may unsubscribe from our newsletters at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of the email message.
Detailed information about The Japan Foundation’s privacy policies is available at The Japan Foundation Headquarters’ website.
Social Media Policy
The Japan Foundation is a specialized organization that carries out comprehensive international cultural exchange programs across the globe. The Japan Foundation offers opportunities for people to interact through various projects and by providing information in order to increase the world and Japan’s understanding of each other.
Today, the entire world interacts freely across national borders through social media such as Twitter and blogs. The Japan Foundation believes that now is the best opportunity to promote its programs more effectively.
The Japan Foundation will actively utilize social media, using this Policy as a basis.
List of the Japan Foundation’s Worldwide Social Media Accounts
Please visit here for a list of official social media accounts operated by the Japan Foundation worldwide and note that any social media account not included in this list is not operated by the Japan Foundation, even if it uses the name “the Japan Foundation.”
Use of the Japan Foundation, Toronto’s Official Accounts
Promotion of JFT events
• General information on the Japan Foundation
• Promotion of events sponsored, co-presented or co-sponsored by JFT
• Promotion of local events related to Japanese culture
• News related to Japan and Japanese culture
Please be aware of the following when using the Foundation’s official accounts:
• JFT pays the utmost attention to the accuracy of content posted, security required for management, etc., and personal information protection when transmitting information via its official accounts. However, JFT is not responsible for any damage that arises as a result of any user using information found on its official accounts.
• In addition, in order to provide the public with information, the content of transmissions made via JFT’s official accounts includes information transmitted by organizations other than the Foundation. As such, JFT is not responsible for any damage that arises as a result of any user using such information.
• The format of the service content on the JFT’s official accounts may change, or all or part of the features provided may be suspended or terminated, without prior notice.
Handling of Information Posted on JFT’s Official Accounts
If posts include the following contents and are likely to impede the operation of an established online community, such posts may be deleted at the discretion of the administrator.
• Content that is contrary to, or is likely to be contrary to, any laws, regulations, or public order and good morals
• Content that is linked to, or is likely to be linked to, a criminal act
• Inappropriate content, including statements made using indecent or obscene language
• Content that includes impersonation of another person or that contains a falsehood
• Acts that infringe on another party’s rights, such as the JFT’s or a third party’s copyrights or likeness rights
• Content that discriminates against, or is slanderous or defamatory against, a specific third party
• Content that identifies, discloses, or divulges personal information without that party’s consent
• Content that harms the reputation or credibility of the Japan Foundation or a third party, which is used for political activities, electoral campaigns, or religious activities
• Content that includes commercial acts such as referrals and advertisements for specific products, stores, or companies
• Content that prevents constructive discussion
• Harmful programs
• Other acts or content that the administrator of the social media deems inappropriate