The Japan Foundation has published the program guidelines for the 2017-2018 Fiscal Year (April 1, 2017 – March 31, 2018).
The Japan Foundation carries out programs and activities in the following three major categories:
List of programs, application forms and program guideline PDFs:
If you are unable to access these digital files, please contact The Japan Foundation, Toronto at email@example.com or (416) 966-1600 (or contact the Japan Foundation office closest to you) and request to have a copy delivered by mail.
How to Apply
1) Contact the Japan Foundation, Toronto or the nearest diplomatic mission to clarify your eligibility. (Even if you are certain of your eligibility, it is helpful to let the office know that you are planning to submit an application.)
- Ontario residents living outside the National Capital Region should apply through the Japan Foundation, Toronto
- National Capital Region residents should apply through the Embassy of Japan, Ottawa
- British Columbia and Yukon residents should apply through the Consulate General of Japan, Vancouver
- Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Northwest Territories residents should apply through the Consulate General of Japan, Calgary
- Quebec and Atlantic provinces residents should apply through the Consulate General of Japan, Montreal
2) Download application from this website or request that a copy be mailed to you from the Japan Foundation, Toronto. Fill out the application and submit by its specific deadline.
3) The application results for most programs administered by Japan Foundation Headquarters will be sent to you by mail in April 2017.