This class is targeted towards intermediate-level Japanese learners and will cover the “Forms of transport in my town” topic from Marugoto: Japanese Language and Culture Intermediate 2 (B1).
Using various materials, students will work towards the expansion of vocabulary and grammatical accuracy and fluency in spoken and written Japanese. This class will also look at communication strategies as well as the socio-cultural aspects of the language.
By the end of this particular class, students will be able to:
- listen to another person’s experience of using transport in another country and understand the details of what happened and the person’s sense of values that forms the background to the story.
- describe the situation in detail and give concrete advice to a person who is experiencing problems with transit.
- explain the features of a form of transport, how to use it, and things to be careful of in concrete terms.
- read a number of comments about a form of transport on the internet, for example, and understand a variety of opinions.
- write about an experience on public transport and one’s feelings about it, on a social networking site, for example.
Class Schedule and Fees
This is a 6-lesson class running from 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm on the following Saturday afternoons:
May 11, May 25, June 8, June 22, July 6, July 20
* As each class builds on the one before it, we ask that you attend all classes.
The cost of one class (6 lessons) is $150, and the fees are due on the first day of class (cash or cheque only). Textbooks are available for purchase for $40.
The JF Standard
This class falls under the B1 level of the JF Standard. If you are not sure if this is the right level for you, you can click here for an online level checker which will give you an idea of the different levels of the JF Standard.
For inquiries about Japanese language classes, please contact Barbara Carter at email@example.com.