*Last Updated June 30, 2022
The library and gallery is open with reduced hours and modified services.
|Tuesday||11:30am to 4:30pm|
|Thursday||11:30am to 4:30pm|
|Saturday (select dates only: Sep 10 & 24, Oct 15 & 29)||11:30am to 4:30pm|
Visitors are no longer required to book in advance or show vaccination status to visit the Library.
All visitors may access shelves and study space. Pick-up and drop-off services are available with prior notice.
The health and safety of our guests and staff members is our primary concern. As we gradually re-open the Library to the public, we ask you for your cooperation to keep the Library a safe place for yourself, for other visitors, and for our staff by carefully reading the guidelines below.
Services available in Library
- Browsing shelves and using study space are accessible.
- Hand sanitizers are provided at the entrance and in Library and must be used before accessing the shelves.
- Carts to place library items for 72-hour quarantine is available for use. Please do not re-shelve library items after browsing.
- Please wear a mask or face covering and maintain physical distancing at all times within the facility.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org at least one day prior to the date of your visit to request for pick-up and drop off services. Pick-up requests without at least 24-hour notice may not be fulfilled in time.
- Please make sure all discs and accompanying booklets are placed inside.
- If you know you have outstanding charges, please bring the exact change as electronic payment methods are not available.
- All returned items are quarantined for at least 72 hours until we place them back to shelves and circulate them.
- To borrow library items, please bring your valid library card.
- Shelves are accessible to all visitors, including patrons with or without proof of vaccination
Pick-Up (Checking out items by reservation)
- All visitors may continue to request for pick-up services.
- Please email email@example.com at least one day prior to the date of your visit to borrow materials. Please include your full name, library card number, title of item, item ID and your date of visit in your email. You may search for titles and item IDs in our online catalogue or view our inventorial book lists on select subjects on our Book Lists page.
- To borrow periodicals, please include the title of periodical and issue number or date in your email (Example. AERA September 4, 2017). To view the list of periodicals available in Library, click here.
- Items you reserved will be kept aside for you to pick up on your reserved date.
- Pick-up requests without 24-hour notice to library staff may not be fulfilled.
- Patrons with digital library cards must obtain a physical library card before borrowing physical materials. Please bring your digital library card, valid photo-ID, and proof of address to receive your physical library card.
Services NOT available:
- Using the audio-visual stations
- Computer access (excluding for completing Library Card Application Form or Library Catalogue OPAC Search on designated computer)
- Printing, Photocopying, Scanning
- No lockers are available at this time, so please travel light.
- All visitors must wear a mask or face covering when visiting the facility.
Library Card Registration:
- If you would like to apply for a new library card on-site, you will be asked to complete the Library Card Application Form on our designated computer stations. Please bring valid photo-ID and proof of address.
- If you have lost your library card, you will be asked to complete the Library Card Application Form. Please bring valid photo-ID, and proof of address. $1.00 replacement fee will be charged. Only exact change in cash will be accepted.
- If you have applied for a Digital Library Card and would like to receive your physical library card, please bring your Digital Library Card, valid photo-ID and proof of address.
If you have any questions or concerns, you can call us at 416-966-2935 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org