*Last Updated July 23, 2020
We are pleased to announce that JFT Library will reopen from Thursday, July 23.
The health and safety of our guests and staff members is our primary concern.
As we re-open the Library to the public, we ask you for your cooperation to keep the Library a safe place for yourself, for other visitors and for our staff by carefully reading the guidelines below:
Services available: Return and Pick-up Only
- No browsing and accessing shelves are allowed.
- All items that were checked out before the temporary closure are now due on Thursday, Aug 13, 2020
- Please make sure all discs and accompanying booklets are placed inside.
- You may be asked to show your library card or photo-ID for verification, so please make sure to bring it. Please note that we are currently unable to register a replacement library card on site. If you have lost your library card, please contact the library by email at email@example.com.
- If you know you have outstanding charges, please bring the exact change as electronic payment methods are not available.
- All returned items are quarantined for at least 72 hours until we place them back to shelves and circulate them.
- Please wear a mask when visiting.
Pick-Up (Checking out items by reservation only)
- Patrons are not permitted to handle books or materials on shelves. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org at least one day prior to the date of your visit to borrow materials. Please include your full name, library card number, title of item, item ID and your date of visit in your email. You may search for titles and item IDs in our catalogue.
- To borrow periodicals, please include the title of periodical and issue number or date in your email (Example. AERA September 4, 2017). To view the list of periodicals available in Library, click here.
- Items you reserved will be kept aside for you to pick up on your reserved date.
- If your booking was made on the day of your visit, items may not be ready for you. Please allow us to retrieve the items from shelves during your visit.
- All visitors are asked to leave our facility (both library and gallery) within 60 minutes after your arrival.
- Please wear a mask when visiting.
Services NOT available:
- Browsing, accessing shelves, using the audio-visual stations
- Computer access (excluding Library Catalogue OPAC Search on iPad provided)
- Printing, Photocopying, Scanning
- Using the studying and reading areas
- No lockers are available at this time, so please travel light.
- All visitors must make a booking in advance. This is for the purpose of contact tracing.
- If you do not have items to return and/or items to borrow, please refrain from visiting.
- All patrons who would like to borrow items must place hold in advance by contacting the library. At this stage, we provide pick-up services only. Unfortunately, you may not borrow items if holds are not placed in advance.
- All visitors must wear a mask or face covering when visiting the facility.
- All items that were checked out before the temporary closure are due on Thursday, August 13, 2020. If you are not able to return your items by then, please contact us immediately. We will do our best to accommodate your request depending on your circumstances.
- We are currently in process of adjusting patron accounts. All items that were checked out before the temporary closure will reflect the new due date by Wednesday, July 22, 2020.
- Overdue fines will start incurring again from Monday, August 17, 2020 unless you make an arrangement with us. Friday, August 14 is still in the grace period.
Library Card Registration:
- We are not able to register a new library card on site. If you would like to get one, please contact us by email. We will instruct how to register prior to your visit.
Book Your Visit：
- If you wish to borrow items, we recommend you have the Title(s) and Item ID(s) of the item(s) you wish to borrow at hand before beginning the booking process. Items may be searched in our catalogue.
- If you have any questions or concerns, you can call us at 416-966-2935 or email at email@example.com.