*Last Updated January 4, 2023
The library and gallery is open with reduced hours.
Library & Gallery Opening Hours
|Tuesday||11:30am to 4:30pm|
|Thursday||11:30am to 4:30pm|
*Select dates only: Jan 28 *New*, Feb 4, Feb 18, Mar 4
|11:30am to 4:30pm|
Visitors are no longer required to book in advance or show vaccination status to visit the Library.
All visitors may access shelves and study space. Pick-up and drop-off services are available with prior notice.
The health and safety of our guests and staff members is our primary concern. As we gradually re-open the Library to the public, we ask you for your cooperation to keep the Library a safe place for yourself, for other visitors, and for our staff by carefully reading the guidelines below.
Services available in Library
- Browsing shelves and using study space are accessible.
- Hand sanitizers are provided at the entrance and in Library and must be used before accessing the shelves.
- Please wear a mask or face covering and maintain physical distancing at all times within the facility.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org at least one day prior to the date of your visit to request for pick-up and drop off services. Pick-up requests without at least 24-hour notice may not be fulfilled in time.
- Please make sure all discs and accompanying booklets are placed inside.
- If you know you have outstanding charges, please bring the exact change as electronic payment methods are not available.
- To borrow library items, please bring your valid library card. To apply for a new library card or renew your expired card, please fill in our Library Card Application Form in advance or onsite. When you visit the library, please bring your valid photo-ID (driver’s license, passport, health card, etc.), and proof of address (driver’s license, piece of mail with name and current address, bank statement, lease agreement, etc.).
- Shelves are accessible to all visitors, including patrons with or without proof of vaccination
Pick-Up (Checking out items by reservation)
- All visitors may continue to request for pick-up services.
- Please email email@example.com at least one day prior to the date of your visit to borrow materials. Please include your full name, library card number, title of item, item ID and your date of visit in your email. You may search for titles and item IDs in our online catalogue or view our themed book lists on select subjects on our Book Lists page.
- To borrow periodicals, please include the title of periodical and issue number or date in your email (Example. AERA September 4, 2017). To view the list of periodicals available in Library, click here.
- Items you reserved will be kept aside for you to pick up on your reserved date.
- Pick-up requests without 24-hour notice to library staff may not be fulfilled.
- Patrons with digital library cards must obtain a physical library card before borrowing physical materials. Please bring your digital library card, valid photo-ID (driver’s license, passport, health card, etc.), and proof of address (driver’s license, piece of mail with name and current address, bank statement, lease agreement, etc.) to receive your physical library card.
- All visitors with the valid JFT library card can enjoy our Blu-ray/DVD/VHS/LD/Cassette/CDs (including reference-only titles) using audiovisual equipment available in the library.
- To use the stations, please sign up at the front desk with your full name and library card number.
- Please make sure to bring your own wired headphones/earbuds with 3.5mm Audio Jack.
Printing, Photocopying & Scanning
- Printing/Photocopying is available at a cost of $0.10 per page (Black and White only). Double-sided counts as two pages.
- To use the printing/photocopying machine, please sign up at the front desk with your full name and library card number
- Scanning is free. You can save your scanned files to a USB drive or upload them to email.
- To pay for printing and photocopying, you need to count the number of prints you have made and pay at the front desk. Please pay with the exact change in cash.
- Computers with internet access are available for use for all visitors with library privileges. Please note that there is a time limit of 30 minutes for each visitor.
- Before using the computers, you need to sign up at the front desk with your full name and library card number.
- The JFT Library has a subscription for 朝日新聞デジタル（Asahi Shimbun Digital), JapanKnowledgeLib, and CiNii which are available for on-site patrons in Library. Please inquire at the library counter if you would like to access the platform.
- Lockers are available if you have luggage. Please inquire staff on site if you would like to use.
- All visitors must wear a mask or face covering when visiting the facility.
Library Card Registration:
- If you would like to apply for a new library card on-site, you will be asked to complete the Library Card Application Form on our designated computer stations. Please bring valid photo-ID and proof of address.
- If you have lost your library card, you will be asked to complete the Library Card Application Form. Please bring valid photo-ID, and proof of address. $1.00 replacement fee will be charged. Only exact change in cash will be accepted.
- If you have applied for a Digital Library Card and would like to receive your physical library card, please bring your Digital Library Card, valid photo-ID and proof of address.
*Necessary documents to receive your physical library card:
- Photo ID (driver’s license, passport, health card, etc.)
- Proof of current Canadian address (driver’s license, piece of mail with name and current address, bank statement, lease, etc.)
If you have any questions or concerns, you can call us at 416-966-2935 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.