The Japan Foundation, Toronto Visitor Policies on Re-opening Public Space
We are pleased to announce that The Japan Foundation, Toronto library service desk and gallery will reopen to visitors from Thursday, July 23. Other programs such as film screenings, lectures, classes and workshops will continue to be offered online at this stage. More updates will follow as they become available. The health and safety of our guests and staff members is our primary concern. The library and gallery will be open with reduced hours and modified services as below:
Library & Gallery Hours: 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM & 2:30 PM to 4:30 PM
Saturday & Sunday CLOSED
- Our library will be only available for Return and Pick-up. Please check details here.
- The current exhibition is Manga Hokusai Manga. Please check details here.
Booking A Visit (Required)
- In order to manage the flow and capacity of visitors, all visitors must book a visit prior to visiting using our online registration
- Your entry may be refused if you did not make a reservation in advance
- Please refrain from booking and/or visiting if you are showing the following symptoms:
- difficulty breathing
- sore throat
- trouble swallowing
- runny nose
- loss of taste or smell
- not feeling well
- Please also stay home and self-isolate yourself
- if you have been in close contact with someone who is sick or has confirmed COVID-19 in the past 14 days
- if you have returned from travel outside Canada in the past 14 days
- For the purpose of contact tracing, your record of visiting may be released to Public Health Authorities
To prevent the spread of COVID-19
- As per the COVID-19 Guidance on Mask and Face Covering Bylaw, guests are required to wear a mask or face covering in the building at all times except for those exempt as written in the bylaw
- Wearing only a face shield is not sufficient to prevent the potential spread of the virus through respiratory droplets (reference: Toronto Public COVID-19 FACT SHEET）
- No lockers are available at this time, so please travel light
- Please keep a safe space (2 metres) between yourself and other guests
- Please use hand sanitizer provided at the entrance
- Installation of sneeze guard to prevent infection by respiratory droplets
- Staff will be wearing a mask at all times
- Staff will be washing hands and using hand sanitizer frequently
- Staff will be conducting daily health check before the shift. If they have similar symptoms like cold or fever, they are not allowed to come to work
- Intensive cleaning of the facility is done throughout the day as well and before and after we open every day.
In order to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus disease, we may decline entry to those who are non-compliant with the regulations listed above. We deeply appreciate your continued support and understanding.
The Japan Foundation, Toronto
To book a visit, please read The Japan Foundation, Toronto guidelines and acknowledgement to proceed.