Here at the Japan Foundation, Toronto our Japanese language courses are open to observation to offer teachers and students in Canada a chance to learn about and learn through the Japan Foundation’s Marugoto textbook series as well as the JF Standard for Japanese Language Education.
Please click here for more information about our online MARUGOTO Japanese Language Courses, including the specific schedules for the individual courses.
Observing a Language Class
If you are a Japanese-language teacher in Canada and are interested in observing our online Marugoto courses, or if you are a student interested in joining one of our courses, please read the terms and conditions and then fill out the form below.
For anyone else interested in observing one of our classes, please contact Barbara Carter, Program Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please note you must register each time you wish to observe a class.
Terms and Conditions
- Language class observation is only open to residents of Canada.
- Spaces are limited to a maximum of 5 people per class (subject to change and at the Japan Foundation, Toronto’s discretion).
- Spaces are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. There is no waiting list if a specific date is unavailable.
- Last-minute requests (less than a week in advance) may not be accommodated.
- Students interested in joining our courses are limited to observe only one class. If they are not sure what level is right for them, we are happy to arrange for a placement test either before or after the observation.
- Japanese language teachers are welcome to observe a variety of courses, pending availability.
- All of our courses are recorded for our records and are occasionally used for teachers’ training purposes. All observers are asked to comply with our request for permission to use any footage they may be present in (see “Media Release” in the form below).
- As part of the observation, participants will be asked to fill out a brief survey after the class.
- The Japan Foundation, Toronto reserves the right to remove, without warning, any observers who cause obstruction to the class.
Apply to Observe a Class
*If you are not a Japanese language teacher or a student who is interested in joining our courses, please contact Barbara Carter at email@example.com.
*Please make sure you have carefully read the Terms and Conditions before filling out this form.