The December 2020 JLPT in Canada has been cancelled due to COVID-19 restrictions.
For more information, please visit the websites of the individual test sites:
- Ottawa (Carleton University): https://carleton.ca/slals/modern-languages/japanese/jlpt/
- Toronto (York University): https://buna.arts.yorku.ca/jlpt/
- Edmonton (University of Alberta): https://www.ualberta.ca/prince-takamado-japan-centre/student-programs/jlpt/index.html
- Vancouver (Langara College): https://langara.ca/continuing-studies/programs-and-courses/programs/japanese-language-proficiency-test/index.html
2019 Japanese Language Proficiency Test
Let’s Take the JLPT!
The results for the December 2019 Japanese Language Proficiency Test are now available online. Please note that online results will only be available until 5:00 pm on March 31 (Japan Time) 2020.
For details or to check your results please visit https://www.jlpt.jp/e/guideline/results_online.html.
The Japanese Language Proficiency Test
Sunday, December 1, 2019
- Ottawa (Carleton University) *NEW*
- Toronto (York University)
- Edmonton (University of Alberta)
- Vancouver (Langara College)
How to Apply
Application Period for December 2nd test:
- Ottawa, Toronto: September 1 – October 4, 2019
- Edmonton, Vancouver: September 3 – October 4, 2019
Test Fee: $70 CAD
Ottawa, Toronto, and Edmonton (Online Registration):
A link will be available on the first day of registration so interested individuals can apply for the test using the online system. You will need a PayPal account or credit card to pay the registration fees.
- Ottawa: https://carleton.ca/slals/modern-languages/japanese/jlpt/
- Toronto: https://buna.arts.yorku.ca/jlpt/
- Edmonton: https://www.ualberta.ca/ptjc/student-programs/jlpt
Registration for all students will be done through the Continuing Studies Registration Office.
*Note: The test fee is non-refundable, and non-transferable.
Special Assistance/ Arrangements
If you require special arrangements, there is a specific form you must fill out in addition to the JLPT application form. Check the details with your host institution.You will be informed in early November if your request is approved.
Obtaining Your Test Score
Online Score Display System: Beginning with the July 2012 test, the Online Score Display system will be available for examinees to view their test results.
This website will be available for about two months after the test date: until mid-October for the July test and mid-March for the December test. Use the password that you set at registration to access the system.
If you have any problems or questions, please feel free to contact the host institution.
Online Score Display System: http://www.jlpt.jp/e/guideline/results_online.html (results are only available for a limited time online)
Request old Score Reports
If you took the test in Canada prior to this year, you can request a “Certificate of Results and Scores” from your host institution or the Japan Foundation in Tokyo. Please visit the site below for more information.
For more information about the JLPT and for short practice tests to help you decide which level to take, please visit the official JLPT website at http://www.jlpt.jp/e/index.html