For the December 2018 JLPT in Vancouver, registration will be handled by the Japan Foundation, Toronto.
2018 Japanese Language Proficiency Test in Vancouver
** For information on registering for the JLPT in Toronto or Edmonton, please click here.
Sunday, December 2, 2018
$70 CAD for all levels (Please note that this fee is non-refundable.)
Open to learners of Japanese as a foreign language. (This test is not designed for native speakers of Japanese.)
Please refer to the Langara College Continuing Studies Website.
Application Period for December 2018 test
Saturday, September 1, 2018 until 4:00 pm (Pacific Time) October 17, 2018 (note that the deadline has been extended for Vancouver only).
For applications instructions, please see the How to Apply section.
** The application deadline for the Request for Special Testing Accommodation for the Winter 2018 JLPT is Wednesday, September 19. Please see the Special Accommodations section.
Test vouchers will be sent out to all the applicants via email by Friday, October 26. If you have not received your test voucher by October 26, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please bring one piece of photo ID with you to the examination.
- Please bring a copy of your test voucher with you to the examination.
- The back side of the test voucher mustbe blank (for example, you cannot print it on the back of used paper)
- There can be nowriting, etc. anywhere on the test voucher (for example, you cannot write the directions to the test site, etc. on it)
- Please be sure to turn off cell phones and alarm watches before the test begins. If your cell phone or alarm sounded or vibrated during the test, you will be immediately DISQUALIFIED.
- Academic dishonesty will result in immediate DISQUALIFICATION.
How to Apply
All applications must be received no later than 4:00 pm PDT on Wednesday, October 17, 2018. Late or incomplete applications WILL NOT be accepted.
Please read the Test Guide carefully before you apply.
There are two methods of applying for the 2018 JLPT:
- Online Application (preferred)
- Paper Application (see below)
1. Online Application
Online registrations will be accepted starting at 10:00 am PDT on Friday, September 28, 2018 and will close at 4:00 pm PDT on Wednesday, October 17, 2018. Please note that the link to the JLPT online registration system will be inaccessible after the application period ends. You will not be able to apply after then.
Payment for the $70 CAD application fee can be made online by credit card only after completing the online application. You will receive a registration confirmation and a test voucher via email after the payment has been received and confirmed. Please bring the voucher along with your photo ID (passport, driver’s licence or other official photo ID – health card with photo) on the day of the test.
Registration is now closed. We thank you for your interest.
** When you apply online, please keep a record of the password you enter. The password is necessary to access your test results online, but will not be included in your test voucher. If you lose your password, we are unable to provide it for you.
2. Paper Application
Although it is strongly recommended that you apply online, for those who do not have access to the online application, paper applications will be accepted from Saturday, September 1, 2018 until 4:00 pm PDT on Wednesday, October 17, 2018.
To request a printable PDF of the application, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you are submitting a paper application, payment for the $70 CAD application fee should be submitted by CERTIFIED CHEQUE or MONEY ORDER only. Personal cheques will not be accepted. Payments should be made to “Langara College CSRO”.
You are NOT required to include photos with your JLPT Paper Application.
You will receive a registration confirmation and a test voucher via email after the payment has been received and confirmed. Please bring the voucher along with your photo ID (passport, driver’s licence or other official photo ID – health card with photo) on the day of the test.
Special testing accommodations may be provided for examinees with disabilities. If you would like to request special testing accommodations, please read the following details.
How to apply for special testing accommodations
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible in order to receive the “Request Form for Special Testing Accommodations”.
- Fill in the required information in the “Request Form for Special Testing Accommodations”. Please also provide a copy of your disability certificate or a medical certificate issued by a doctor (a copy is acceptable).
- Please submit the application form and the required documents by Wednesday, September 19, 2018.
** We cannot guarantee applications for special testing accommodations if they are made after the application deadline.
Process leading to acceptance of special testing accommodations
- The Japan Foundation, which organizes the test, in consultation with the Committee for Special Testing Accommodations will decide what special testing accommodations should be put in place based on the contents of Request Form.
- If the information provided on the request form is not sufficient, the Japan Foundation may contact the applicant or their representative through the host institution to request further information.
- The applicant or their representative will be notified of the final decision regarding the special testing accommodations by the beginning of November.
- All communication between applicant or their representative and the Japan Foundation will be conducted through the host institution and/or the Japan Foundation, Toronto.
Details of the special test accommodations
- Specially formatted questions (Braille questions, large print questions)
- Special answer methods (Braille, large print answer sheet)
- Extended test times
- Testing in a separate room, use of assistive devices (magnifiers, hearing aids, headphones, etc.)
Ms. Noriko Saito
Tel: 416-966-1600 ext. 224