To never miss out on upcoming events, feel free to click here and add our “JL Teachers’ Professional Development” calendar to your Google Calendars.
今後の「JL Teachers’ Professional Development」のスケジュールにつきましては、こちらをクリックするとGoogleカレンダーへの追加が可能です。
Online Teachers’ Workshops
Professional development programs for Japanese-language teachers in Canada.
- *NEW* Online Study Session for Japanese Teachers (3): Approaching Grammar Questions from Intermediate Learners JFTオンライン日本語教師のための勉強会
- *NEW* 2022 JFT Summer Online Workshop for Japanese Teachers: Reflect on your teaching practice with the TP Chart
In this training, after the introduction of TP charts, participants will create their own TP charts in the hope that they will be able to use them to improve their teaching by clarifying the education they are aiming for and the practices they need to implement.
- *NEW* Marugoto Teaching Material Project 3: Creating Support Materials
We are planning a project to create a collection of materials to be used as a reference by teachers. This current project will target materials to use with Marugoto Pre-Intermediate (A2/B1).
Japanese Language Brush-up Workshops
Programs for teachers in Canada who speak Japanese as a second language and who would like to maintain Japanese language proficiency.
- *NEW*Online Nihongo Salon for Japanese-Language Teachers オンライン日本語サロン
Regular meetings on the second Wednesday of each month that provide the opportunity for teachers to regularly speak Japanese and to network with other Japanese teachers in Canada.
- *NEW*2022 Summer Language Brush Up Workshop for Japanese-Language Teachers
If you would like to brush up on your Japanese this summer, please join this free online language brush up course for Japanese language learners. The workshop will cover one chapter of Marugoto Intermediate 1 (B1) for 4 days.
Information Exchange Meetings
Networking opportunities for Japanese-language teachers in Canada
- *NEW* JFT Online ‘Sawakai’ for Japanese Teachers JFT日本語教師オンライン茶話会
Regular meetings on the first Wednesday of each month where teachers can share and discuss with their peers. All topics are welcome, including if you have any ideas you would like to try out, anything you feel a little stuck on, etc.
- *NEW* Let’s Get Together: Japanese-Language Teachers in Canada JFTオンライン研修つながろう！
In the eighth session, we would like to share ideas with participating teachers for exchanges with other schools, both in Canada and abroad, that are now easier to connect with online.
- Continuing Learning Japanese 日本語教師情報交換会：日本語学習を継続させる
Networking events for Japanese-language teachers, co-organized with the Canadian Association for Japanese Language Education (CAJLE).
- *NEW* Online Network for Heritage Language Education 継承語オンラインネットワーク
Online networking events for stakeholders in Japanese as a Heritage Language Education, co-organized with the Canadian Association for Japanese Language Education (CAJLE).
JFT Japanese-Language Course Observation
- Observe our MARUGOTO Japanese-Language Courses まるごと日本語講座見学
Here at the Japan Foundation, Toronto our Japanese language courses are open to observation to offer teachers and students in Canada a chance to learn about and learn through the Japan Foundation’s Marugoto textbook series as well as the JF Standard for Japanese Language Education.
JFT Language Teaching Materials & Resources
- *NEW* JFT Online Marugoto Japanese Language Course: Collection of Teaching Plans JFT オンラインまるごと日本語講座：教案集
Teaching plans used in JFT’s language courses using the Marugoto textbooks. Please feel free to download and use them as reference materials when you use “Marugoto“.
- Marugoto Teaching Material Project: Collection of Support Materials まるごと教材プロジェクト：おたすけ資料集
The Marugoto Teaching Material Project aims to create a collection of materials to be used as a reference by teachers in order to make it easier for the Marugoto textbooks to be used in Japanese-language education in Canada.
The Japan Foundation Head Office Programs
There are also several programs for teachers offered by the Japan Foundation Head Office in Japan.
- For more information on those programs please click here.