Most of our library materials are available for loan, free-of-charge to registered patrons 16 years of age and over. To obtain a library card, borrowers should fill out an application form and show two pieces of identification with their name, address and signature. Please note that the applicant must reside in Canada from the date of application for at least three months. The library card can be renewed each year with valid ID. The cardholder is responsible for informing the library when any contact information changes.
Except for the reference collection, most library materials are for circulation. The following items are available for loan for 3 WEEKS:
- Circulation Books (BK)
- Texts and Cassette kits (KIT)
- Cassettes (CAS) and CDs
- Magazines and Periodicals (PER)
- DVDs (excluding those marked with the yellow “NEW” sticker)
- Laserdiscs (LD) and Video Tapes (VID)
- Manga (MANGA_E, MANGA_J, MANGA_F and MANGA_B)
The following items may be taken out for 1 WEEK:
- “NEW” DVDs (marked with the yellow “NEW” sticker)
- JLPT test materials, between the months of September and December
Patrons may borrow a maximum of 15 total books (including manga), and up to a maximum of 5 of other media types (but no more than 15 items total). For example, 10 books and 5 CDs, or 5 books, 5 periodicals, 5 DVDs.
Materials may be renewed once for an additional loan period: online, by phone, or at the library, if there are no fines or holds pending.
- Fines will be charged for overdue materials.
- Regardless of the format, 20 cents per day per item will be charged for overdue materials.
- There is no charge for weekends and holidays.
When circulating materials are lost or damaged, the patron will be required to pay for the replacement cost. Replacement cost will be the purchase price of the item. The library does not accept replacement copies. If you find the item within 6 months of paying the replacement cost, you may request for a full refund with receipt.