This year, The Japan Foundation, Toronto is celebrating its 30th anniversary! Celebrate with JFT by sharing your ideas for our 30th anniversary logo.
Full submission criteria can be found below. We encourage both children and adults alike to participate!
Top entries will be selected and displayed at JFT from March 6 to March 12, 2020. During this time, our patrons will be invited to vote for their favourite logo. The winning submission will be announced on Friday March 13, 2020.
Prizes are available for the top 3 entries!
Anyone in Canada
- Limit of one entry per person
- It must be an original work and contain no copyrighted contents (**Please note: the Japan Foundation butterfly logo is copyrighted and cannot be included in any submissions.)
- The size of submissions should be within 4.25” by 5.5” (either portrait or landscape is fine)
- We encourage submissions that reflect our mandate to promote international cultural exchange between Japan and other countries/Canada
- Preference will be given to simple designs using 1-2 colours
- 3D artwork, collage (i.e. pasted paper cut-outs) and photography will not be accepted
- Do not include your name/signature or the date in your design
- JFT reserves the right to disqualify entries considered vulgar, disrespectful, or inappropriate, including those depicting violence, drugs, nudity, etc.
How to enter:
- Digital entries:
- Must be PDF or PNG
- Please submit it using the online form below
- Paper entries:
- Please include a signed copy of the Application Form (click here to download)
- Submit it in person to the JFT Library (2 Bloor Street East, Suite 300, Toronto, ON) or mail it to the following address:
JFT 30th Anniversary Logo Contest
The Japan Foundation, Toronto
2 Bloor Street East, Suite 300, P.O Box 130
February 28, 2020 at 5:30 PM EST
- The top entries will be selected (from those that meet the submission criteria) by an internal committee of Japan Foundation, Toronto staff.
- From Friday, March 6 to Thursday, March 12, the selected logos will be displayed on the Japan Foundation, Toronto website as well as in the Japan Foundation, Toronto Library. During this time, the public will be invited to vote for their favourite.
- The winning submission will be announced on Friday, March 13.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-966-1600